[Everyone] Re: My mug

Paul
Thu Jan 14 16:15:15 GMT 2010

Phil,

I am so sorry to hear about the further destruction of your mug. All of us
in WISE got together to write a few words to perk you up a bit:

a) Acknowledge the bereavement and mention the name of the deceased.

Example:
Dear Phil,

"WISE were disturbed and saddened by the untimely death of your mug,
_________."

b) Next, convey your sincere condolence.

Example:
"Please accept our deepest and heartfelt condolence at this most challenging
time."

c) Highlight endearing qualities of the departed.

Sample:
Your mug was such a positive role model and inspiration to his sister"

d) Mention your memory of the deceased. If you are unable to think of
anything, you can use the following condolence example: "He will sorely be
missed by all"

Example:
"We enjoyed meeting your mug last year during your daughter's wedding. He
seemed such an endearing young vessel."

e) Also mention strengths and qualities of the bereaved.

Example:
"I have always known you as a strong and calm character and I know at this
moment of loss those qualities will be of immense help."

f) Offer specific assistance which you are committed to fulfilling.

Sample:
"I will telephone you in a couple of days. WISE would be happy to offer
assistance towards the replacement expenses."

g) Begin to finalize with an empowering verse, quote or adage such as "You
are in our thoughts and prayers".

Example:
"Our thoughts are with you and your family at this most difficult time of
loss"

h) End with a personalized line:

Sample:
"With caring and sincere respects