[Everyone] Goodbye!

Phil
Wed Apr 14 16:53:26 GMT 2010

Hi all,

It is with great regret that I must announce my immediate departure from Pretend Company.

I have had the great honour of being asked to join the government, an opportunity which, despite my obvious commitment and devotion to the Company, is an opportunity too good to miss. Due to the important and unusual nature of this appointment Peoplesoft have kindly agreed to wave the usual notice period and I intend to begin work in government from tomorrow.

I am tremendously excited about the opportunity to join David Cameron and his team at Number 10 and I hope I can bring to bear many of the experiences I have experienced at Pretend Company over the years to my experience of governing this great country. (Daffyd - I know the "A Fair Choice For Change" workshops we initialised in 2007 will be a great influence!!)

I will almost certainly be missing you all, and, if you're in executal level or higher, feel free to pop in if you're ever in the Westminster neighbourhood and I will endeavour to do my best to see you if I'm not too busy governing!

Thankyou,

"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." Conrad Hilton