[Everyone] Re: Cloud stratefgy

Paul
Thu Sep 20 15:53:28 GMT 2012

Thanks Giles,
What happens on days when there are no clouds?
Regards

-----Original Message-----
From:
 On Behalf Of Giles
Turnbull
Sent: 20 September 2012 14:10
To: Everyone in the office
Subject: [Everyone] Cloud stratefgy

Fellow bring-your-own-device lieutenants:

CorpExec would like to bring all of Pretend's online functions into the
"21st century" (HA HA) by upgrading our Internet to a Cloud. I'd like to
just take this opportunity to explain to everyone what that will mean.

- In many ways, the Cloud is very similar to the Internet, except it is on
all devices. Therefore you can get Cloud on your phone, which you couldn't
do before with Internet.

- If your email has a "@" in it, your mailbox may need to be upgraded to
Cloud standards. Please contact IT if this applies to you.

- The Pretend Office website (hppt:/www.pretendoffice.com.uk) may be offline
for a brief period (no more than six weeks) while it is upgraded for Cloud
compatibility.

- Most important of all, Cloud means we can offer our own Pretend services
"in the Cloud", rather than "on the Internet". This has massive implications
for marketing and PR, as well as client upsell opportunities. Those of you
in client-facing roles should be on the phone asap to your client contacts
to arrange meetings regarding Cloud upsells.

- After the Cloud upgrade is complete, we will maintain Internet for an
undefined period before switching it off. After Internet is switched off,
you may RIGHT-click on the "Internet" on your desktop, and move it to the
Recycle Bin.

Please don't hestitate to ask if you have any further Cloud-relating
questions.