[Everyone] Re: Email quota

Phil
Tue Mar 20 14:21:47 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I am sure you will all be pleased to hear that our Incentivizing E-mail Efficiency project has reached another milestone and the exploratory period for the implementation of the secondary planning stage is due to be kicked off at the next monthly IEE roundtable.

The aim is that every e-mail will be accompanied by a compulsory survey asking the recipient to grade the e-mail across a wide range of metrics (TBD). This data will be correlated so that we can assess our overall efficiency in fostering a communicatory climate and to reward consistently good e-mail senders and departments. (And maybe punish bad ones!!!) The survey should take no longer than ten minutes per email.

Until IEE reaches the delivery stage (the timetable is still being finalised by the subcommittee) perhaps e-mail recipients should simply respond to emails by feeding back to the sender some grades/marks/scores so we can all improve our E-mail Efficiency.

Thankyou.