[Everyone] Re: Pretend App-ice

Giles
Thu Nov 24 14:00:13 GMT 2011

Phil, thank you for this memo.

Here are my thoughts about the Pretend iApp (perhaps we should call it
iPretend????)

1. Angry Nerds

This would be a puzzle game based on our IT department. The Sales team
have stolen the IT department's eggs! Can you launch members of the
support desk team from a catapult made of rubber bands from the
stationary cupboard, to destroy the fortresses that Sales have built
out of old Timesheets?

This game would be popular with kids. We could also build it in Flash
for use on a "Hey Kidz!" section on our web portal web.

2. Pretend Store

As part of our company Re-Ignition Programme (Pretend R.I.P), we
should re-organise our business around a new sales platform for
"apps". We simply create an app through which others can make and sell
apps, and we'd take 30% of everything! This could do wonders for our
bottom line!

Let's get those teenagers in the tents in Reception to build the app
for us - shouldn't take long, we could bung them a couple of hundred
quid for it - then get our Pretend Store app on the App Store as soon
as possible.

We should price the Pretend Store app at £49.99 to make as much money
from it as possible.

3. We should submit all company reports, white papers, and
non-classfied documents to the Newsstand section of the app store as
well, so that clients and partners can "subscribe" to all the stuff we
produce. We'd make money from doing something we already have to do
but don't currently make money from!

That's a double whammy, or possibly even more whammy than that.