[Everyone] Pretend Time

Anno
Wed May 11 12:21:27 GMT 2011

Dear Colleagues

As you may have noticed our time and motion partners Time Machine have
been working with a number of departments over the last couple of
months to give us insight into areas for increased process efficiency
within the Pretend family.

Before the delivery of the final report we have agreed to trial a
couple of their headline suggestions. One of their preliminary
findings is that while we in Pretend have a strong sense of time, if
that time could be accelerated then productivity could be increased by
up to 17% (department and activity dependant). This accelerated
business time would be known as PretendTime and be yet another example
of how we in Pretend are, quite literally, ahead of our competition.

As a prototype to address embedding PretendTime we shall be installing
metronomes on floors 2, 3, 17 and mezzanine 5 on Campus Too and in the
whole of the Claire Baldwin building. These spaces will also be issued
with new clocks and your computers will be reformatted to include the
new "Pretend Hour" that the accelerated time will allow us all. The
canteens in RedZone will also be metronomed and clock changed but not
the cafe and breakout area in Zulu Dawn. The whole of the IT
department, regardless of location will also be working to
PretendTime.

It is advised that if you are working cross-site that you ensure that
you are meeting and working to the new time schema to avoid confusion.
To help us assess the impact of PretendTime monitors will be reporting
on these and non-pretendtime areas. Please make them feel welcome.

Anno

Anno MCIP TeT Blake7
Senior Executive Director: Directions
Move/Change