[Everyone] Welcome back

Giles
Fri May 6 09:46:15 GMT 2011

I'd like to take this opporttunity to welcome back everyone who took
almost all of last month off. It was lovely to enjoy so many bank
holidays and sunshine, etc.

However it's time to get back to work! Those costs won't bring
themselves down by themselves.

You might notice a few changes while exploring the building today. As
part of our new Big Office strategy, there is no longer a library. All
the library staff have been sacked and the library annexe is being
used as a rather nice new meeting room.

However, that does not mean the end of the library! Certainly not! Our
existing archive of Pretend archive material, research documents, and
PowerPoints and Words is still available for all staff to use. Instead
of asking the library staff to search it on your behalf, you will have
to search it yourself. That's the only difference between the old and
new systems.

Because there is no longer a library, the library stock has been
divided up among filing cabinets around the building. No record has
been kept of which files are in which cabinet, but this problem can be
easily overcome by "crowd-saucing" the information we need.

In future, when you wish to make a library request, all you have to do
is make your way through the building asking people if they have seen
the documents you wish to read in any of the filing cabinets on their
level / in their Profit-Unit. If all of us take a few minutes to check
our nearby filing cabinets now, and memorise their contents, we can
ensure a smooth and efficient library service for all staff for meny
years to come.

Further changes as part of Big Office will be announced soon,
including a distributed accounts/finance/payments system.