[Everyone] Re: New Timesheets System

Paul
Tue Feb 15 10:49:24 GMT 2011

Thanks Giles,

Can we continue to use the old system of texting our hours to 85184 as well?

Regards

Paul R.I.S.K (In the house)

From:   On Behalf Of Giles
Sent: 14 February 2011 14:48
To: Everyone in the office
Subject: [Everyone] New Timesheets System

Lack of timesheet-filling is an ongoing issue and needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

Therefore, during the Timesheets Action Brainstorm held in Ken Loach last week, the following new system was devised.

The entire Timesheets system will be "gamified" to make it fun and interesting. All staff will fill in their timesheets as part of the game, and the winner will be the employee with the most "points". (Note: working more hours does not automatically mean earning more points.)

The game will be played like this:

- A Timesheet will be re-named a "Battle Zone". For example, the spreadsheet formerly known as "Timesheet Employee Surname A-G Full Time Equivalents Level 2" will be renamed "CAVERN OF DEATH".

- To earn points, staff will have to Battle "Xombies" and "Erg-motes". These are represented as empty spaces in the spreadsheet.

- To win a battle, Staff (or "Quest-makers" as they will be henceforwardly known) must enter a valid integer not exceeding their quota of FTE Work-Hours/Day, and a Client Code. We hope to re-name Client Codes as "Spells" in the near future, but as of now we have not had sign-off from the Client Code Action Desk, so for the time being they will continue to be known as Client Codes.

- Having done so and saved the document back to the Q: drive, the Quest-Maker earns Manna, and may proceed to the next level.

- The Quest-Maker with the most Manna at the end of the week will be given a book token, and may wear the "Quest-Maker Of The Week" helmet all day on Friday, including during Crackerjack, which in turn will be re-named "THE FEAST OF THE FALLEN VIRGIN"

We think Quest-Makers will enjoy this system of casting Client Codes and battling Xombies in order to keep track of their billable hours.

Any questions, please see your Zone Caption (soon to be renamed "HORDE-MASTER")