[Everyone] Disable Pleples Dae helths and safty

Paul
Wed May 27 10:57:38 GMT 2009

Dear all,

Thank to everyone who made Disabled Peoples Day such a great success
yesterday. It was wonderful to meet so many disabled people in one place.

Could all Team / Floor Captains feedback to me by the end of the week about
parts of the building that didn't stand up to the disabled accessibility
test. All I need is:

1) Area of Pretend Office that is not Disabled Friendly.
2) Problem with area.
3) Recommended solution.

For example; Phil has kindly highlighted the 2nd Floor kitchen isn't
suitable for an obese person to use at the same time as Siamese twins. A
solution to this may be something like.... a kitchen rota; having more
kitchens on this floor or having a work desk delivery service. Banning all
disabled people from using the kitchen isn't a solution unless we ban all
people. Remember.... Equal Opportunities means Opportunities are Equal.

Congratulations to Gavin for being the top Disabled Olympian. I have
arranged for you to have a free breakfast this Saturday at Fast Cafe next to
the Olympic Site in Stratford, London. From here you get a great view of the
site development. I hope it inspires you to aim for the real Disabled
Person's Olympics in 2012! How you get there is up to you (please don't
request travel expenses in current climate). Maximum food budget £6.

Congratulations to Cat for being the winner of Best Disability in the
Disabled Person Parade. Most people didn't even recognise it was you! Where
you hid it is still a mystery.

Phil has asked me to ask people not to carry on using their disabled
costumes today. Yesterday was very unproductive which highlights the point
that too many disabled people in the workplace is bad for the business. I'll
be looking into this soon. Anno has one days costume grace so that he can
get himself unstuck.

Jay, you say that Gavin is looking for a disabled doubles tennis partner. Is
he really disabled? I thought I was the only disabled person in the office?
I'm happy to play with him if he likes.

Have a good able body day today everyone.
Paul
EOaHaSD