[Everyone] Slide fitters coming tomorrow

Giles
Wed Mar 18 14:54:55 GMT 2009

Dear all,

Work to install the Transporter system (aka the slides) will begin tomorrow.

To recap, slides will connect:

- Level 8 to the mezzanine
- the third floor Portakabin to the Post Room in the basement
- Level Red to the Grass Arena
- the Grass Arena to reception
- reception to Lothar's Management Suite (this is an up-only slide
that has built-in steps)

Please try to minimise disruption for the Transporter fitters who have
come all the way from their base in Switzerland to fit this fantastic
new office inter/action resource.

Based on calculations we did in an Excel, the time savings of using
the Transporters instead of old-media "stairs" and "lifts" will total
nearly six million seconds (or about 70 days) over the next twelve
years. Note: slides are for rapid transit between Departments. They
are not for larking about on. All site visitors (that includes
clients!) must fill out a 27B/C Health And Safety Requirement
Disclaimer Form (Grade 4) before they are allowed to use the slides.

Needless to say, this is all a significant precursor to the
Move/Change Fundamentalism Programme, which Russell will, I'm sure,
explain all about in due course at some point.

Kind regards

Giles
Executive Account Executive (Level 2, Pending Level 1)