[Everyone] Useful tip

Tom
Tue Mar 3 12:25:32 GMT 2009

Can I remind everyone that whilst Google Mail is an ideal solution for
your personal email, you should not be using it for Pretend
Office-related email. IT cannot provide any support - or, crucially,
backup - for your email if you do this. Also, you will be storing
potentially confidential Pretend Office emails on a third party
server.

If you are having issues with your Lotus Notes installation, please
get in touch with Phil or Barry in IT, who'll be more than happy to
help you tweak it to your satisfaction.

(If you are looking for a new email address and client for your
personal, *out-of-work* email, I can strongly recommend Google Mail.)

Giles - please don't spread potentially dangerous misinformation like
this to the "Everyone" mailing list. And please note: I don't run IT
either; since September 2008, the Head of IT role was replaced by the
IT Priorities Steering Committee, which tells me what to do. That,
incidentally, tends to be "Buy Creative more Macbook Airs" and "Make
Email Work On Phil's iPhone".

t.
--
Tom