[Everyone] EOaHaS Newsletter

Paul
Tue Jun 16 10:32:01 GMT 2009

Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Newsletter No. 0001

1. The 2009 edition of the PO Health and Safety Policy is now available on
the top shelf in Florence Nightingale. Please do not detach the folder from
the chain. An alarm has been installed around the doorway to ensure that it
stays in the room.

It is expected that this document will be very popular so please be patient
at busy times.

2. Congratulations to all staff responsible for H&S (including members of
the HASPO subcommittee) who completed a risk assessment in April 09,
highlighting hazards within the PO building. An excellent action plan was
drawn up and all hazards were dealt with. Thank you to everyone for their
hard work. We can now guarantee that Pretend Office UK is safe for one full
year until June 2010.

3. As Pretend Office is now officially safe, there are new rules about what
to do if an accident occurs. Until June 2010, if you have an accident at
Pretend Office, it will be you own fault, and you will therefore be
responsible for dealing with yourself yourself.

If you have an accident before June 2010 you should follow the following
procedure:

Call 999 and ask for an ambulance (use your own phone (which should have
been switched off before entering the building) or the coin operated phone
in reception (no reverse charges allowed)

Make your way to the foyer for ambulance collection.

Make as little mess as possible and avoid disturbing others in the building.

It is also important to note that, as the responsible person, you will not
be paid for days off work and will be invoiced for any repairs or cleaning
required as a result of the accident and for the employment of any temporary
staff to cover your duties.

Finally, please make sure that you complete one of the new 'I had an
accident - It was my own fault' forms before you return to work. If you are
unable to return to work please return by post, enclosing a stamped address
envelope if you require proof of receipt. Please inform your next of kin
that it is their responsibility to complete the form if the accident results
in death.

4. I hope you have enjoyed reading this edition of the EOaHaS news.
Newsletter no. 2 is coming soon with Equal Opportunities news!

Regards

Paul