[Everyone] Flooding: maintenance report

James
Sun Dec 6 18:07:49 GMT 2009

I've received the report from the Pretend Maintenance Operations
department (outsourced to Getafix Ltd in Cumbria), and wanted to make sure
it would be on everybody's desk for the start of the week.

MO/Getafix traced the source of the recent localised flooding to a blocked
u-bend in the gents on the fifth floor, next to Stephen Fry. The blockage
has been removed and sent away for analysis, though a cursory examination
seems to indicate it is composed mostly of timesheets and sick. The
floodwater should have drained away by the early hours of the morning, and
everything should be back to normal tomorrow.

I am on the record complaining about the repulsive recurring situation in
the fifth-floor gents as far back as June, and I feel this has completely
vindicated me.

The MO operative also reports that he found some "dodgy wiring" recently
installed on the lift-control panel and has fixed it so it "should all
work properly now".

Have a good week!

--
James